I’ve had this amazing Madagascar knit since my birthday in September. I finally made the twins a top from it, I made them with long sleeves AND cuffs both are firsts for me, I’ve only made 2 t-shirts before these 2 and both had fit issues. Everything is going to have cuffs from now on, SO much easier than hemming, hemming is my nemesis, I despise it!! I might even introduce it to the bottom hem too – although too much ribbing maybe? Anyway….
I made them and they fit! Well they’re a tad too big but then I made them size 2T (seeing as I always make things too small usually I thought this would solve my issue) and they typically fit my 2 (nearly 3) year old better!
I used the free pattern supplied by Melly Sews (LOVE her site), luckily the free pattern was the size I was looking for. I used her tutorial for reference which was very clear, although I did the collar my own way as I’m just not keen on how she did hers. Definitely down to personal preference.
The first one I made I found the collar was a little too wide for my liking.
Seeing as I was sewing for the twins, I got to make this top again! So I tweaked the collar and off I went.
I was much happier with the 2nd one, I would adjust the collar in the first but there is no way I am undoing those serger stitches when I don’t have to!
I apologise for the (more so than usual) bad pictures in this post. I had to take what I could get, as you can see from previous posts, photography is not my strong point.
Baby photographers have my utmost respect, I’ve been trying all day to get pictures of my twins in their new tops. I had to give up. Just for giggles here are some of the outtakes from today’s “photo shoot”
Before writing this post I found some old pictures of the twins and stumbled across one of Carson wearing my 1st ever attempt at a t-shirt.
No stopping me now, already planning the next one!